All Birchwood patinas are considered traditional patinas that will age or darken metal. Most of these patinas are sold concentrated and should be diluted with distilled water (up to 50%) before use. Once diluted, one gallon of Birchwood Liquid Patina generally covers 200 sq. ft.
Birchwood Liquid Patinas are available in 8oz., 32oz., 1 gal., and 5 gal. sizes. Spray tops are included with 8oz. and 32oz. bottles. A clear sealer should be applied when completed to protect the finish.
Liquid solutions for Bronze, Brass, and Copper (concentrated):
- M-38 is a spray, brush or immersion Brown Antiquing Solution.
- M-24 is a spray or brush Black Antiquing Solution.
- M-20 is the same Black Antiquing Solution as M-24, but is made for an immersion (dipping) process.
Liquid solutions for Iron and Steel (concentrated):
- PC-9 Presto Black (Gun Bluing) spray, brush, or immersion.
- BST4 Presto Black room temperature, brush-on solution.
- Plum Brown Barrel Finish (32oz. only).
Liquid solution for Aluminum (concentrated):
- A-14 Aluma Black spray or brush Black Antiquing Solution for Aluminum.
Liquid solution for Stainless Steel (ready to use formula):
- SSB Presto Black for Stainless Steel.